Thursday, April 26, 2007

Nothing New

I have not written in a couple of days but things here have continued to have been going well. My wife and I went to the City Center to do some site seeing together before Parker begins his isolation in early May. Nana and Gaga watched the little monkey while we went.

They have so many shops here in Milan, so it is nice to get off the metro at Loretto and walk to the Duomo. We enjoy looking at all of the sites, people and shops here. While on the Metro, we are frequently met by someone with an accordion who plays for a short while and then goes around with a cup asking for money. The last two time we had been on the Metro, it was kind of sad because we saw a man and his wife going from train to train with their baby and young child. I guess they feel that they have a better chance of getting money if they use their kids to make people feel bad.

This afternoon we will all go to Fidaty (grocery store) to get some food for dinner. We are having Gnocci and tomato sauce with some form of meat. It is our staple dinner here and I enjoy making it. We have some eggplant in tomato sauce left from yesterday that is great on rye bread. So, as always, we should be eating well.

The weather has continued to be very nice here; however, the trees are shedding some form of "fluff" that floats around through the air. I am sure that some people must have a very difficult time with it as there is quite a bit of it. I have spent most of the past couple of days dodging it. We did ask how long we should expect this unpleasant visitor and were told that a it stays in the air for about a week.

Parker has another trip to the hospital tomorrow for his ADAGEN injection. I am not sure but it may actually be his second last injection. FOREVER. We will know more tomorrow.

Ciao for know! I hope the weather is nice in Toronto.

4 comments:

Nonno and Nonna said...

Hey Parker,

Where's the pictures! I look forward everyday going to the blog to check up on Big Guy and if there are no pictures I feel like I didn't get my fix.
I hope that the fluff in the air will be gone soon, so that it doesn't bother everyone.
It is also great that Mommy and Daddy got to do some sightseeing thanks to Nana and Gaga.

Stay strong big guy.

Love you tons

Nonno & Nonna

Auntiekate said...

Hiya Parkerpants!!

How are ya, buddy?? It would be pretty cool if you didn't have to get the ADAGEN shots anymore!!! You must be pretty excited that Nana and Gaga are there to play with. It's probably nice for your mommy and daddy to be able to have some grown-up time as well. We miss you guys so much. I laughed out loud at the crazy 'fluff' that's in the air. It sounds like a bad B-movie. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. I'm jealous about the yummy gnocci!

Lots of love,
Auntie Kate, Uncle Michael and Jett xo

Auntie Natalie said...

Well Hello Parker Pants!

I am so excited that tomorrow may be your second last injection! I hope so...one part over...yippee!

I am also so excited that your parents were able to do some site-seeing! It must have been fun for them. And it must have been fun for you as well to get to spend some time with your Nana and Gaga!

I hope that you have enjoyed another delicious dinner by now...when your Daddy talks about the food that he makes it always makes my mouth water but I still have to wait a while before I get to eat my dinner! Oh well...I will be having good-food daydreams while I wait!

Lots of love little one.

Love,
Auntie Natalie xoxox

Uncle Mikey said...

Mmmmmmm, Gnocci!