Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Full of Energy... as always

Nana and Gaga are currently at the hospital with Parker while my wife and I are having a relaxing few hours before we go back.

Now, that I am rejuvenated, I have been back to my active role at the hospital. I spent most of yesterday with Parker and my wife which was very nice. In addition, Parker and I got to hang out last night during my night shift. I think the little monkey was excited that I was there because he decided to extend bed time by two hours. He watched me from his crib as he walked around its inner perimeter. Through the bars I could see him tackle his pillow every few minutes. I decided to grab a few shots of him as he roamed his domain.

Parker has the quirkiest little position he likes to be in lately. He sits in his crib like Robin Williams did in Mork and Mindy. With his bum high in the air, Parker rests all of his weight on his feet and head. His hands are not used one bit to support him. Where are they? Sometimes trying to touch his feet, sometimes behind his back. I get a big kick out of looking through his legs to say hello to him.

Parker had a nice visit today from the clowns that visit the children at the hospital. As mommy held him in her arms inside the isolation area, they did their bit from just beyond the imaginary door that separates us from the isolation area within the big room. They sang, and made him smile. Although the only thing that let us know that they were clowns was the red nose they had over their masks it was definitely a nice change.

Parker's neutrophils rose today for the first time since they started dropping. For the past few days, Parker has been severely neutropenic with his neutrophils below 500. This has been good since they wanted to see the neutrophils drop below 500 as it is an excellent indicator that the modified cells (BM CD34+) will have a sufficient unfair advantage over the cells currently in his bone marrow. Today, Parker's neutrophils increased by 100 which could indicate that his neutrophils are finally beginning to increase to their initial value of greater than 2500. This could also mean that they may stay at this level for a few days before increasing. Or, they may drop even lower before increasing. Regardless, we are happy that they did drop to a level that was wanted by his physicians.

I better go and start dinner, so I can get back to the hospital in time. I am going to be hanging out with the little monkey again tonight. Tomorrow Nana gets the job.

5 comments:

Kari said...

Hi Parker!

You look so cute sleeping like that in your crib! I hope you don't wake up with tingly toes, though. You sure do look comfy!

Have a wonderful day. Expend lots of energy so you don't keep Nana up till all hours of the night. You need to get your rest so your numbers will keep dropping!

Lots of love & hugs & kisses,

Auntie Kari
xoxoxox

Nonno and Nonna said...

Hey Parker,

I was so excited to see you pictures today, it had been acouple of days and I was getting Parker withdrawal.
You are so cute, I really like the one where you are just hangin out in the crib corner. Very cute. I also like the one you sleeping. Talking about sleeping were you so excited to have you Daddy back that you couldn't sleep. I understand Parker, I enjoy your Daddys company too.

Stay strong big!
come on smart cells do you job.

love you tons
miss you even more

Nonno & Nonna

Auntie Natalie said...

Hello My Little Parker Pants,

What a little cutie patootie you are in your crib! I cannot wait to see a photo of you looking like Mork! I haven't seen that pose in years!

Sleep well tonight and enjoy Nana! It is so nice that you are getting to spend time with your Nana and Gaga! I bet that you were very excited to get your Daddy back with you as well! No wonder you had to stay up a little later - you had a lot to catch up on!

Have a wonderful day tomorrow Parker Poo! I love you oodles and oodles!

Love,
Auntie Natalie xoxoxox

Uncle Mikey said...

Hey Parker,

I love your pictures today...esp the one with you sleeping on the pillow! You're always so happy, which makes everyone around feel better...you're such a great kid. Keep up the good work and stay strong big guy.

Love Uncle Mikey, Auntie Christini and Jacob.

Stacy and Brad said...

Oh Parker!!! You really do get more handsome by the day little man!!!

Big hugs from me to you!!!

See you with a big smile on your face even though you can't feel as good as you look , makes me REALLY happy!!!

Hi (and Hugs) to mommy and daddy!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxo