Sunday, April 16, 2006

Parker's Adventures with the Easter Turtle

Today was Parker's first holiday. So, I looked forward to seeing the pictures that my wife had taken while I was at home tending to my cold. I figured that I would see all kinds of pictures with him in a special Easter outfit. Maybe a bunny sleeper, or a shirt with some chocolate eggs on it? Reviewing the pictures very closely I noticed a big green reptile on his sleeper. Now, I am not sure if things have changed that much since I was child, but I don't remember any stories of The Easter Turtle hiding chocolate eggs for children to find on the morning of Easter. I suppose this is how new traditions arise.

When I first arived in the anti-room I noticed Parker sound asleep; however, it was not very long before he awoke to notice his friends on his mobile hanging above his head. After about a minute of inspecting his friends, insuring that they were all there he called for his mommy to pick him up. For the next 30 minutes I spent my time talking to Parker as he looked very attentively through the glass at his father on the other side. Now, I like to think that he remembers me but he seemed very content in his mothers arms.

On Monday, Parker will be starting on a new antibiotic. It was thought that the Septra that he was taking orally was causing his neutrophils (a type of white blood cell) to decrease in numbers. As a result, they have decided to try a different antibiotic (taken through an IV) as a precaution to PCP pneumonia. So for two to three hours tomorrow Parker will be on an IV as he recieves the medication. Parker will also be getting his blood work done to check his counts prior to the start of the IV. I do hope to see his neutrophil count return to normal since coming off the Septra.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Well Good Morning Parker Poo!!!

I was away for the Easter weekend and it is so good to come back and see your sun-shiny little face again! You are getting SOOOO strong! I love your new trick of resting you chin on your hands Parker - You are such a smart little Monkey! I hope that your Daddy is better soon so he can come in and play with you. Happy Easter Parker Poo!

Love,
Auntie Natalie xoxox

coolauntiekatie said...

Hiya Parkerpants!!

Happy Easter! I hope you had an extra fun Easter!! I can't wait until you're older and I can put you on an Easter egg hunt! It's pretty fun. But just to let you in on a little secret.......eating the chocolate after the hunt is the best part!!! Looking forward to it kid! I missed ya all weekend. I love all the new pictures.

Speak to ya soon,
Love ya lots,
Auntie Kate xo

Funny Face said...

Hey Parker!

I am glad to see you enjoyed your first Easter!
Now Parker even though your father thought you should have had an Easter outfit on I think you looked great in the nice spring colors (Elizabeth's dad made her were a dress with a bunny on it too yesterday...I don't remember dad's being so involved with the clothing were wore when I was a kid). Also it does not matter if it is a bunny or turtle as long as someone or thing is bringing the chocolate eggs that is what counts.
Hope your father is better soon as I am sure he can not stand it any longer being separated from you.

Take care little guy!

Love ya

Laura, Craig and Elizabeth

nana said...

And a jolly good day to you my little man.

Bunnies, cats, dogs, reptiles, you look handsome regardless of what outfit you wear.

Next year at Easter, we will all watch you hopping down your street in whatever designer clothes you choose.

I can hardley wait to see you tomorrow.

We love you loads and loads.

Nana and Granddad xoxoxo

Uncle Michael said...

Hi Parker

I hope you had a great Easter weekend preparing chocolate Easter Bunnies in your secret chocolate cave! Oh, hold on, I'm thinking of Rabbit Boy, the caped Easter crusader who saves the world one egg at a time. My bad.
Anyhow, I hope you had a good weekend wee man. I saved a bit of chocolate for you to eat down the road when you're feeling better.
Well, actually, um..no, I kinda ate that too....oops.
But when you come home I promise I'll bring you lots of other fun stuff to eat and to play with, okay?
(Auntie Kate and Natalie and your other Uncle Mike will probably make you eat brussel sprouts...ugh..)
I can't wait to see you soon!
Get better quick!
Bye for now...
Luv
Uncle Michael

coolauntiekatie said...

Hiya Peanut

.............just a quick note to let you know that I hate brussel sprouts. I promise I will NEVER make you eat brussel sprouts.

Love ya!!
Sweet Dreams!
Auntie Kate