Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Some Days Are Brighter Than Others

Today when I went outside I truly felt it was going to be a good day. It was the perfect spring morning. The sun was out, the air felt fresh and the grass in front of my home definitely looked greener. I had a very good feeling that this was the sign of something good coming our way.

Parker slept well the night before, as he has seemed to find a routine that he has become very comfortable with. It pretty much consists of play and eats a lot during the day to keep mommy and daddy very busy, and then sleep when they go home. Now, my wife and I have decided that he does this because he does not want to waste a second he has with us. We both appreciate that very much.

We had our meeting with Dr. Aiuti, from Italy today. I had sent him about 15 to 20 very specific questions prior to our conversation that I was hoping he could answer for me. I must say that we were both very impressed with his answers to my questions, as he was very detailed with his explanations. I did write down the answers to his questions as he spoke, but I do not think it is ethical to share the specifics, as I do have an obligation to keep his unpublished work unpublished until he writes about it. I will say that it was a very positive meeting and that this does create a light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

My wife and I will be making a decision Tuesday evening and informing the hospital and our family and friends of our decision on Wednesday.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Hello Parker Poo,

How are you my little Monkey? I hope that you slept well last night! Give your Mommy and Daddy lots of extra hugs as they work to make their difficult decision. You are a strong little fighter and I know that you will do wonderfully!

I love you pumpkin face!
Love,
Auntie Natalie

leafFan said...

Kevin you were right it was a sign of better things to come and just to let you know the word auiti in english means help which means you went to the right doctor. Still thinking of you guys every day!!!!Thanks for the great news about little Parker with the big heart.

Luv Uncle Benny and Auntie Carol

coolauntiekatie said...

Hiya Peanut!!

I'm sure you're feeling anxious and a little helpless right now with all this decision making. But the best thing you can do to help out Mommy and Daddy is to 'mangiare', (EAT in Italian).

Love ya lots and lots,

Auntie Kate xo

Elizabeth said...

Hello Parker and family!

Whatever Mommy and Daddy decide to do there are so many people that are behind them every step of the way; I am one of them!

Take care - and I can't wait to see your adorable face in the next pictures!

Love,
Elizabeth