Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Big Baby

Okay, so most of you have probably figured out that my son is quite the tough guy from reading my articles each day. However, in the past few days he has become quite the "Mama's Boy". Which, to be honest, my wife is enjoying a little bit. I am not sure if it is because he is at that stage where he misses his mommy and daddy whenever he is not with them and when he is he would like to be held by them, but he has definitely been a little more emotional lately.

It may also have to do with him getting a little less sleep lately. Last night, he must have woken up four times during the night. Three nights ago, he did the same thing. That said, he did sleep throughout he night the night before last and as a result, was in a great mood yesterday.

I left a message with CityTV this morning to see when Parker's story was going to be on television. They returned my called quite promptly and told us it should be this evening that we see it on the news. So check out CityTV tonight 6pm to see our little boy.

On Saturday, my wife and I went to a couple of events held by Pope John Paul II Catholic Secondary School. This is the school I went to back in the late eighties and early nineties. During the day a group of students who have called themselves Parker's Pals held a car wash at Millie's Pool Hall. We took Parker to the car wash and let the kids wash the car with Parker in it. I thought it would be nice to let the students know what all their work is for. It was definitely a wonderful day for a car wash and we are so thankful of the students and teachers who took the time to do it.

That evening was the alumni pub night that was being held in Parker's honour. I don't normally mention names on my blog, but I am very thankful to Michael who put so much work into the evening. My wife and I had a wonderful night. As I had mentioned that night, we don't normally get to go out and do things like that because of the number of people involved and the increased risk of getting sick. With that, we packed our personal sized bottles of hand sanitizer and had a great time. It was so nice to see so many people that I have not seen in so long. I got a chance to speak with so many of my friends from high school, which I really enjoyed. They are very caring and generous people. I know that there are several that I did not get to speak with, and I am truly sorry for that.

No comments: