Monday, October 16, 2006

What's Old is New Again

Yesterday was quite the busy day around here. I had decided that I needed an office at home that would allow me to get my work done easier. Currently, my office is a little room in the front of the house on a small desk that sits only my computer. As many of you have figured out I spend quite a bit of each day reading and studying different computer programming languages. There are areas in the home that are suitable to reading and others that are suitable to programming, but none that are suitable for both. With that in mind, I did some rearranging of furniture and made my office more conducive for studying. So, I sit here writing today's article in my somewhat new feeling office.

Now, I don't want to sit here and talk about me so I shall diverse and speak of my son Parker. That is the reason that you all come here. Parker has finally gone down for his nap for the morning. No matter how much we try Parker is a one nap baby. I don't remember, although I probably could look back at the articles to find out, when Parker's last afternoon nap was.

We went Saturday evening to pick up a infant toothbrush for Parker. It is the one that you place on your finger so you may rub his gums and teeth gently. The toothbrush is made by Gerber and seems to get the job done. Parker enjoys getting his teeth brushed as I assume it eases the pain of the teething. Parker now has four teeth that have finally broken the skin. The two on the bottom, that you have all seen in images. In addition, he has two on the top. Now, most of you would think the two on the top are the ones directly above the his bottom two but they are not. It is two teeth on either side that have broken through the skin. I am sure it will not be long before he will have six teeth, four on the top and two on the bottom.

Parker really enjoys having teeth. I say this because he loves to eat the thicker food with chunks of vegetables in them. It is chew chew chew with him. He gets a big kick out of it. It is much easier feeding him when he eats stage three food. The only thing is that you have to make sure he does not choke on the pieces. He enjoys coughing so if he does, you just have to do a fake cough and he will imitate with one himself.

Parker turned nine months yesterday. We are so happy to have our little baby home with us and we are absolutely delighted that he is doing as well as he is. We were told that with ADA deficient SCIDs that they can show developmental delays, in addition to the obstacles that an infant would incur due to being sick and in isolation for four months of their life. But with Parker now crawling normally as a child should at nine months of age in addition to everything else he does we know that he has not had any developmental delays at all.

Parker is going to have a new cousin in another day or so. My sister is scheduled to have her next child tomorrow and we are all extremely happy for her. I know that Parker does not get to see or play with any of his cousins, but to be honest, my new nephew will be very close in age to Parker. When my son is ready to be around other children because we have come home from Italy and he has a working immune system I am sure that the two will be best buddies. Good luck tomorrow sis, and have fun, it is a very special day for our family.

We have a few more days before Parker has his x-rays. On Friday, Parker's skeletal system will be checked to see if there are any abnormalities. The doctor's were a little worried since his weight and length percentiles were not in synch. For that reason the x-rays are being performed. In addition, I believe they will take a look at his chest to see if it has cleared up or at least looks better than it did when he was sick. Parker's infections all took place in his lungs and for that reason we want to know if his lungs are looking better. I feel bad for the little guy. The contraption that he will be placed in for the x-rays is a very constricting one.

No comments: