Friday, December 22, 2006

Parker's Toothbrush

I apologise for not writing until now but my Internet has been down for the past day. We did make our trip to Sick Kids this morning in our own car. It was the alternator and I now have a new one that keeps my battery nice and charged.

Our trip to Sick Kids was primarily uneventful. It was scheduled so that Parker could get his ADAGEN injection which will keep him going until Wednesday when we head back down there for Clinic. I know it is not Christmas yet but it was our last trip to Sick Kid's before Christmas so I would like to take the time to thank everyone from Sick Kid's who has helped us with Parker this year. Particularly a very special thank you to Dr. Grunebaum, Brenda, Kim and Dr. Sean, the four of you have made our trips to Sick Kid's and our dealings with ADA deficiency a much more bearable one. We wish you all the best during this holiday season and we are very appreciative of everything you have done to help us along the way.

I decided to repurchase one of the infant toothbrushes that slides on your finger in hopes that Parker will allow me to brush his teeth. I had mentioned that Parker does have what looks to be decay on one of his top teeth. We do think it is because of his medication, but we are trying to keep it from getting worse by being diligent with his teeth brushing. I have always been in charge of brushing Parker's teeth and recently I switched to a baby version of a regular toothbrush. As a result, Parker stopped enjoying getting his teeth cleaned. Every brushing ended up being a battle between me and my son in which I lost. Very similarly to that Munsch book, Thomas' Snowsuit. So, yesterday I decided to retry the old tooth brush. I now recall why I stopped using it, as my fingers have become numb from being repeatedly bitten. Regardless, I must help Parker fight tooth decay.

My wife and I are very pleased the past couple of weeks with how well Parker has been sleeping. When my wife was pregnant she had bought a crib sheet from Pottery Barn and I cannot believe the reaction that Parker has had to it. Parker sleeps 12 hours straight at night and does not complain at all when it is time for his nap. I am not one to give out free advertising but if you need good sheets for your infant or you want them to get a good nights sleep, try them out. They are extremely soft and if Parker sleeps well, we sleep well.

My wife has gone out and Parker is down for a nap so it is probably an opportune time to try and get some studying done. So, I wish everyone a good day and if you are not planning on returning until after Christmas, Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

Unkie Michael said...

Glad you're sleeping better little guy. We'll see you soon!
Lots of love
Uncle Michael and Auntie Katie

Nonno and Nonna said...

Hey Parker,

I know exactly what it is like to love you sheets. Nonno and I have special sheets also that we love. Nothing like falling to the crib at the end of the day, after a hard day of playing with your favourite toys and TV friends.
Rest up Big Guy for another fun filled day.

Stay Strong Big Guy.

Love you tons

Nonna and Nonno

Nonno said...

Hi Parker,nonno here.I`m just writing to see if your teeth are getting better and whether you are still nipping your daddy`s finger.I love you very much and daddy is just trying to help you so please handsome boy,let daddy clean and fix those sharp teeth of yours.Good night as it is past nonno and nonna`s bedtime and we have to get nonna better so we can come and see you soon.

Luv you

Nonno and Nonna

Elizabeth said...

Hi Parker Darling and Parents!

This might be the last time I can log on for the next few days and Gary, Calder and I wanted to wish you and your family a very merry Christmas!!! It's an exciting time, make sure you take it all in! :) Continue to sleep well - especially tomorrow night for Christmas Eve - because the next day you'll see that Santa came to visit!

Take care my friends,
Love Elizabeth

Mark DesLauriers said...

Parker, you have to let your dad clean those teeth so we can appreciate your smile :) I hope you have a very good Christmas and make everyone smile with your antics, I know you make us smile.

Love you lots,

Uncle Mark and Aunt Lynn