Sunday, December 31, 2006

Reached 100,000 Hits Friday Night

Yes, it finally happened. At 11:35pm, on Friday night someone hit our site for our 100,000 recorded hit. It is definitely something I am excited about. I remember when I first started keeping track and we got so few hits each day but we were so excited every time we saw that someone had come to visit Parker on the web. Thank- you everyone for visiting and allowing us to share our story with you.

Today is New Year's Eve and with it comes the start of a new year. A lot has happened this past year and although some of it has been difficult all of it has been worth while. I know that this year is going to be a very exciting one for us and our family. It is going to contain some uncertainty as well as its own difficulties but I know that when I sit down at the computer next year to write the article summarising 2007 I will be a very thankful person.

Parker is currently taking a nap. He has had quite the morning, playing with all of his toys. We noticed a few days ago that Parker had started grinding his teeth. This could just be a new thing he has learned, but also could be do to stress. So, the past couple of days, we have placed him in front of the television with all of his toys while the Backyardigans played. Yes, he loves that show, but it he spent most of the time playing with his toys and climbing all over the furniture. Every once in a while he will stop during one of their songs, start rocking back and forth while he shakes his head from side to side. He is quite the little dancer. We got our first DVD of the Backyardigans as a gift back in May and started playing them while we were in the hospital for Parker. He has always loved them. We are pretty sure that we are going to paint his room a Backyardigans theme for when we return from Italy as our gift to him for all that he has endured. By then, we will have him move from the baby room to the room attached to it via a bathroom. I know he will love it.

I recently purchased a gate for the top of the stairs to keep Parker from accidentally going down them. Parker has now been given free range of the upstairs (minus the bathrooms) to crawl around on. He has a couple of places that he enjoys the most, like his play room and our room. But with his speed we figured that we better house proof the upstairs.

Speaking of the stairs, we thought it would be funny if we placed Parker at the bottom of the stairs and his Winnie the Pooh mobile at the top of the stairs. We were curious how fast he would get from the bottom to the top. I could not believe how fast he went. He did not stop once. Of course, we had to take him on an extended ride of the upstairs once he showed us how fast he was.

As for his riding truck on the main floor, Parker could not surpass a tortoise and may even overtake a slow moving beetle if we allowed pets in out home. He loves riding the truck over to the stairs so that he can get off the truck, by himself and begin crawling up the stairs. I wonder how fast he would go on his truck if we used the Pooh-mobile as a carrot? Maybe we will try that later.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful New Year. I know I plan on it.

4 comments:

Nonno and Nonna said...

HAPPY NEW YEARS Parker, Mommy and Daddy! I hope you had a good time last night.

Parker you are not only fast on your little riders but you are also very strong. That would be very funny Pooh running after a carrot.

Boy that will be so exciting to have all your little friends right in your bedroom when you come back from Italy. How nice is that?

Hooray for 2007, I have good feelings about this year.

Stay Strong Big Guy!

Love you tons

Nonno & Nonna

Kyle said...

Hi Parker.

We just wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

It's been an eventful holidays for us, to say the very least. When we catch up with you next, we'll have to let you know what happened! But I do know one thing, I don't ever want to spend Christmas without my wife again!

After catching up on your blogs, you seem to be doing quite well. That's always so great to hear. And you continue to look as cute as ever!!

We miss you and your parents very much and hopefully can sort out a day in the next couple weeks to come visit. Plus, you're turning 1 year old and we wouldn't want to miss that either!!

C u soon big guy.

Love ya.

Kyle & Josephine

Stacy and Brad said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR PARKER!!!!
I enjoyed catching up this morning on your goin' ons...as I haven't been able to get online in several days!!!
I hope you are having a WONDERFUL day today!!!
Check in later,
BIG BIG HUGS,
Stacy
xoxoxo

Elizabeth said...

Hey Parker darling,

Calder and I just wanted to wish you a very Happy New Year (along with wishes to Mom and Dad, too, of course!) and we know that this year will be a fantastic year for you - one of many changes - but they will be all good!! Going to Italy to get healthier, learning more words, walking all on your own, so many things!!!

I know that I and Calder look forward to the day when you're home and you and your Mom and us can go out and have a play date.

Happy 2007 - it's going to be a GREAT year!

Love Elizabeth
xo

(P.S. Sorry I had to delete the other comment - I forgot to post the ending! :) )