Saturday, August 05, 2006

Congratulations Auntie Natalie and Uncle David!

It is finally official, Parker's auntie Natalie and uncle David made a life long commitment yesterday. My wife and I were extremely honoured to witness the event and I must say it was truly beautiful. It was a very intimate evening and we are so very happy for them. A great day for two very special people.

Parker's mommy and his Nana decided to go to Parker's Nonna's and Nonno's this morning to go for a dip in the pool. So that I could write my article for today I brought Parker's Exersaucer by the computer so I could still keep an eye on him. His being a little loud as he mistakes this apparatus as his Jolly Jumper.

Parker went to clinic yesterday and was seen by the regular group of people. First, he receives his ADAGEN injection from the clinic immunology nurse, then a visit from one of the immunology fellows, and finally he sees a staff immunologist. It was all completed in less than an hour. Parker is now receiving a full millilitre of ADAGEN (PEG-ADA) since he has continued to grow at a steady rate. I had said in my last article that I though Parker would be 18 lbs 8.5 ounces. I was incorrect. Parker weighed in at 18 lbs 6.5 ounces or more accurately 8.365 kg. His length was approximately 67 cm. As I look at him in the Exersaucer I notice that it will not be long before we have to raise it so that it may accommodate his longer legs.

I recently read an abstract by Dr. Aiuti that described a new protocol that he is working on at the mouse stage. It seems extremely positive and just goes to show you that he truly is a world class doctor.

Today will be the last day you can vote for your favourite article on Parker's Weekly Poll. Tomorrow there will be a new poll for you to vote on.

No comments: