Thursday, August 10, 2006

Just Another Day

My apologies for not writing yesterday, I spent most of the day working with the little monkey on his exercises and by the end of the day I was quite tired.

Parker has gotten extremely good at sitting unassisted. I let him watch an episode of the Backyardigans as he sat there by himself in front of the television. He also sat in his room for 20 minutes as he played with his toys and stared at his gymni. I am starting to think that he enjoys sitting as much as being on his tummy. It is a different perspective for him and it makes it easier for him to play and chew on his toys.

Speaking about Parker and his toys, the little monkey has begun learning about gravity and its effect on his toys. Every time anyone gives Parker one of his toys while he is in his Exersaucer he immediately drops in on the floor. For fun, I decided to take one of Parker's light weight, hollow balls and lob it at him so it would land in front of him. The little man would then proceed to grab it and toss it on the ground in front of me. Playing catch with Parker was definitely a lot of fun.

Parker and I have also worked on his crawling while he does his 'tummy time'. I noticed that yesterday for the first time as we worked on his favourite blanket in his room, he started pulling himself across the floor in the forwards direction. I was so proud of the little guy. It was definitely a step in the right direction.

Parker has a trip to Sick Kid's tomorrow to get his ADAGEN injection as well as get weighed. I know he won't be 19 pounds tomorrow but he should be over the 18.5 lbs mark.

I have been working on a new video with Parker climbing over his jolly jumper pillow but it is taking me a while to get enough footage for the video. It is excellent exercise for the little guy but it is hard work and I don't like him getting too much exercise all at once. That and he keeps taking breaks. You know those high paid actors.

No comments: