Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Day With Nana and Grand-dad

My wife and I decided to take a day trip to Buffalo and Niagara Falls, NY to do a little mall walking and site seeing yesterday. I am not one who likes spending a day away from home, but my wife had been asking me for a few days to get away, so I figured I should honour her request. I like going to the Target in Niagara Falls, as they usually have much better deals on diapers and other baby toys. I couldn't leave without picking up a toy for the little guy, so I got him a new rubber duckie for his duckie bath tub. This one does not have a hole in the bottom for water to get in. I feel much more comfortable with Parker playing with toys that do not accumulate water in them since that could be a breeding ground for germs.

Since we are unable to take our little boy with us, he got to spend the day with his Nana and his Grand-dad. Parker really enjoys his time with them, and they know all of the ins and outs about Parker so we feel very comfortable leaving him with them.

To be honest, when my wife is not around and Nana is, I always make sure to comment about how stinky Parker's bum is so that she will step in to change the little monkey. That said, I did change one this morning when no one was around, and in record time I might add.

I have to say that one of Parker's most favourite pastimes is to go exploring the house while on Grand-dad's shoulder. If the little monkey is crying or upset, it is usually a ride with Grand-dad that cheers him up.

Although we do trust Parker with my wife's Parents that did not mean we didn't call numerous times to check up on the little monkey. To our relief, Parker was always doing very well and enjoying every minute with his Nana and Grand-dad he even took two good naps during the day for them.

When we did return home, the little monkey was very pleased to see us. Although it was nice to have a relaxing day to ourselves, seeing our little boy smile uncontrollably at us when we returned home was definately the hi-lite of our day. Thank you Nana and Grand-dad for letting us have some much needed time to ourselves to relax and enjoy our relationship.

1 comment:

Stacy and Brad said...

Hiya Parker!!! It looks like you had a very good time with your nana and grandad!!! YAY!!!

I hope you have a good weekend!!!!


xoxoxo