Thursday, August 31, 2006

What a Strong Big Boy!

I know I took a day off from writing articles, but I was quite busy yesterday. I decided to do some work in the backyard. I figured doing something by yourself is much cheaper than getting someone to do it for you. Free is good.

I have to say that my little man has really been developing very well. He absolutely loves his "ABC Play Area" in his room. He has no problem sitting there or lying on his tummy for an hour as he plays with his toys. He loves playing with the balls and his long fingers have always made it easy for him to pick them up and bring them to his mouth. He continues to try and reach for objects that are outside of his grasp. He has found a way to drag himself forward small distances to get his toys. The other day we played a game where I would do a push up and would then ask the little guy to do the same. You know what he did? He would bring his arms closer to him body and lift his head, chest and stomach completely off the ground. I am telling you, this boy is going to be crawling before nine months. That gives him a month and a half to figure it out.

Last night, when my wife was out and I was in charge of the little monkey I put him in his Jolly Jumper. Not only did he jump incredibly high, he learned a new trick. He uses his feet to spin himself around in circles. One, two, three, four, five, times he would go around. Then, he would stop suddenly and run in place for a few moments. His little feet would go a mile a minute as he stood there in his Jumper. Daddy told Parker, "Stop!". He had me thinking he was going to get dizzy, but he didn't.

Then when I did take him to bed, and he decided it was not time as he had not expended all of his energy yet, I took him to my bed where he rolled around all over it. I was very pleased with every thing I had seem him accomplish yesterday, but I was definitely very pleased to see my wife come home so she could get my son to bed.

Parker, strong? An understatement.

No comments: