Friday, June 23, 2006

He Did It!

I had intended on this message to be focused on Parker's clinic, that was until Parker rolled over. Yes, Parker did it. I had mentioned yesterday that he needed a small nudge to roll himself over from his back to his stomach. Today, he kept trying to roll over up by himself but struggled to get his upper body to finish with his lower body. While I was making dinner this evening, Parker was on his gymni trying to roll over. I had noticed that he was getting extremely close so I decided to get down on the floor with him to show him how it was done. And with one extra bit of effort, the little monkey was able to get his upper body to finish the roll over. I was lucky to have the camera close by, so when I realised he was about to do it, I quickly grabbed it and video taped the actual event. You can check it out by clicking here. Way to go little monkey! Everyone is so proud of you. In total, Parker rolled over seven times today.

Parker did have clinic today and with that he had his weekly weigh-in. Recall, that Parker was allowed to regulate his eating this week, and as a result was eating 200 mL/day less than the previous week. I figured this would cause him to gain less weight than he had in previous weeks. Parker's average daily weight gain has been 35.2 grams/day. This week Parker only gained 5.7 grams/day on average. This did bother my wife, to say the least. It did not concern me so much because he has been developing extremely well over the past week. That said, I do think he needs to gain weight in the range of 20-25 grams/day so that he may stay in the 50th percentile for his weight.

Parker is eating rice cereal once a day, and will begin twice a day starting tomorrow. Regardless, we will be trying to make sure Parker eats over 900 mL of formula each day. Today, Parker ate 950 mL of formula.

I am so proud of my little boy. Parker and I had been working on rolling over for quite some time now. What an accomplishment, my little monkey.

No comments: