Monday, June 26, 2006

I'm All In... Texas Hold'em Style

My apologies for not writing yesterday. Monday was one of those days where all the tired caught up with me. The previous night Parker decided he wanted to get up to eat at 1am and 4am. Something we have not been accustomed to. About a week ago, Parker stopped sleeping throught the night and would wake up for a early morning feed. Sunday night he did it twice. Regardless, we were a little extra tired yesterday.

A friend of my cousin's wife organised a Texas Hold'em tournament/fundraiser yesterday for Parker. I decided to take a seat at the table but was out early when I called an 'all in' that I thought was a bluff. I had a wonderful time and Tracy and I were so touched by how many people came out to support Parker and our family. In the end, Josephine came up big and won big at the 'Winner's Table'. Way to go, Josephine. If someone was going to beat my cuz, I am glad that it was you.

Parker started eating oatmeal cereal now and enjoys it quite a bit. Just this morning he had a small bowl of it and then had a little rice cereal to wash it down. In a few days we will be starting him on the barley cereal. We hear that many infants are not fans of the texture of the barley cereal, but if Parker is anything like his dad, I know he will enjoy new kinds of food.

On the topic of barley I have to bring up Parker's nick name when he was in the womb. My wife and I were so excited about having our first child that we would think about how big he was at different stages of the pregnancy. Early on, we had agreed that he was about the size of a piece of barley, so from that moment until we found out Parker was a boy we referred to the little monkey as Barley. Barley D -we would call the little guy.

Parker has enzyme injection tomorrow and will give some blood so that we may talk about his numbers at Friday's clinic. I am pretty sure that my wife is going to ask for them to weigh him since he did not gain very much last week. If she does, I will not fight her on it. To be honest, it would be nice to see that last Friday was just a blip on the radar.

I am currently working on a large blog article to detail Parker's disease. I know that I have covered quite a bit in different articles through the blog but I figured with so many new people to our site that an in-depth article on Adenosine Deaminase Deficient Severe Combined Immunodeficiency is in order. So watch for it in the upcoming week. I am pretty sure that it will span a few days since there will be quite a bit of information that it will have to cover, and I think everyone will understand it better if it comes at them in smaller chunks.

I know there are alot of people from Australia who visit our site regularly, but I was a little pleased with the Italy - Australia game today. I will admit the way it happened was a little cheap. I have to cheer for Italy, the doctor's who are going to save Parker are from there.

No comments: