Saturday, June 24, 2006

Roll Once, Roll Twice

So, now that Parker has figured the rolling over thing out it is hard to keep him on his back. Every time we place him there, not even 10 seconds later he has made his way to his tummy. I guess all that 'tummy time' practise we did for the past few months has paid off because once he is on his tummy he is very content to stay there.

I had mentioned that Parker was trying to roll over in his crib a couple of days ago. Being the anxious father that I am, I was worried that he was going to roll over in the middle of the night. I know many babies sleep on their tummies but Parker is definately not used to that, if the bald spot on the back of his head did not give it away. When Parker wakes up from a sleep he is very good to settle himself. You can hear him move around a bit through the monitor, or talking to his friends on the mobile above his head. This morning when he woke up, I heard him moving and talking so I went in to take check up on him. Guess what I found? One little monkey boy on his tummy. I guess he will get used to being on his tummy in his crib. Knowing Parker, if he is unhappy being on his tummy in his crib we will hear about it through the monitor!

Parker had a visit today from his Uncle Mikey and Aunt Christini. They dropped off their 'Jolly Jumper' for Parker. I did not really know what one was until I saw it. All that I know is that Parker absolutely loved it. He hung out in it for a good hour. I placed it on his gymni and he was right beside the little animals that hang down on the gymni. Finally the little creatures were at arms length and he could grab them and try and place them into his mouth. When I put the 'Backyardigans' on for him, he spun himself around so he could watch them. As soon as heard the theme, he looked over his shoulder to find his five good friends singing.

I have mentioned that Parker has been teething lately and been shoving everything he possibly can in his mouth. He had heard several times in the past that babies can get a fever when they are teething. We were very worried about this since a fever would definately mean another trip back to the hospital and most likely in an isolation room. After doing some research and speaking with the doctors at Sick Kid's I found out that it not the case. The reason that many infants have a fever when they are teething is because they put all kind of things in their mouth. Including things with germs on them. As a result, they get an infection and a fever. With Parker, all of the things he places in his mouth are cleaned thoroughly a few times a day. For that reason, we do not expect Parker to get a fever as a result of placing objects in his mouth to sooth the pain of his teeth coming in.

Lastly, I purchased the last two DVDs of 'The Backyardigans' today. The little monkey just loves them. As I write, my wife is feeding Parker right now while he watches 'Polka Party'. If you have small children, and you don't have 'The Backyardigans' I would recomend watching an episode with your child. You can catch them on Nick Jr.

1 comment:

Nonno and Nonna said...

Hey Parker,
It's nice to see that you are supporting the Italian Soccer Team.
They just won with 10 seconds left in the game. Keep doing what you are doing big guy, you look so happy in your little jumper. Build up those legs so that you can kick soccer balls next summer.
Stay Strong big guy!

Love you tons

Nonna & Nonno