Thursday, June 15, 2006

We Miss Daddy!!!!!

Well as you can see by the title, today's article is being written by Mom. My husband has been so busy with work the past couple of days that by the time he comes home he is ready for bed. I decided that I would take it upon myself to write this entry and to express how much we have missed daddy. Our days are just not the same when dad is not here to make us laugh. For those of you who know my husband, I am sure that you will agree that his presence lights up any room. He has a smile that is contagious and a heart that is forever giving. The love and devotion that he has towards my son and I is like no other. We are truly blessed to have a man so special in our lives.....
I am very happy to have this opportunity to write because it gives me the chance to thank my husband for all of his hard work and commitment to this blog and his family. Throughout this entire battle, my husband has been a "rock". His strengh, positive attitude and love are what has gotten so many of us through the toughest of days. Parker absolutely adores his daddy. The second he hears his dad come into the room, he instantly smiles. I know that it is often said that the bond between a mother and her child is unbreakable. This is also true for Parker and his dad. Parker has not been the same the past couple of days without his dad around as much as we are used to. I know that he will be so happy in the morning when daddy is here to meet him when he wakes up!

My husband had written a beautiful message for me a couple of months ago (March archives). This is the type of person he is- always giving credit and finding the best in everyone. I believe that it is truly time to give credit to someone who absolutely deserves it. I want to thank him for completing the lives of everyone he meets and making us all a better person. If there is one thing I have learned from this whole experience it is to never take things for granted. Life is so short and unpredictable. We often do not have or take the time to truly thank those who we love and cherish. Before we know it, our lives can be turned upside down. Parker and I want to thank daddy for being so special and for loving us unconditionally. Although we still have a long road ahead, we couldn't be luckier or more fortunate to be travelling it with the most incredible man. We love you daddy and have missed that smile!!!

1 comment:

Stacy and Brad said...

Parker -
What a lucky boy you are huh?!?!? You have two pretty amazing parents!!!! The love you and mommy and daddy all have for each other is amazing and will no doubt get you all through whatever comes your way in life!!!
Keep strong xoxoxoxox