Saturday, June 10, 2006

Sleepy Day

Parker rested quite a bit today. From what I have read, babies are supposed to have a couple major naps each day. Parker, is definately not much of a napper. He usually sleeps in after his five in the morning feed and if we are lucky will take a nap in the afternoon for an hour and a half, maybe two hours. But today, he did take his two naps. I hope that this becomes a regular thing for Parker, but I am definately not going to count on it.

for 15 minutes. I know that he does not understand what I am saying but I tI have started reading to my little guy each dayhink it is a good idea for him to get used to hearing what proper grammar and punctuation sound like. Usually, we read one of the books he has in is room, but if he is around and I have an article I want to read, I just read that to him. Yesterday, we read an article on how television in moderation is okay for infants.

I have noticed that Parker has been breathing a little faster since coming home. Not when he is sleeping, but when he is awake. It is definately nothing like it was before he was diagnosed, as his whole head would move with each breath and he would display quite a bit of indrawing. But he is breathing harder. Now, I really think it is because he is playing so much now. He is very active during the day at home. There is so much to do, so many things to play with that it would make sense that he would breathe more heavily. Recall, that when Parker's proteinosis was active he was breathing upwards of 80 breaths per minute. In isolation, he was in the high 40s to high 50s on average. Normal infants breath in the 30s. We have not started counting his breathes while at home, but I think this is something will begin very shortly.

Parker has started to blow kisses when he is blown kisses. He sometimes has difficulty getting his bottom out to finish the kiss but he is definately trying his best.

Parker is squirming around in bed right now, so I think I will go in and check on him. Maybe I will count his breaths for a minute to see if he is breathing quicker.

No comments: